After a successful career as a senior scientist at Imperial College London and University College London, researching viral oncology, Stoyan trained as a patent attorney at the top tier IP firm D. Young & Co, before moving in-house to Pfizer, in the UK, and then Novartis and Syngenta, in Switzerland.
Stoyan has a wealth of experience in undertaking patent due diligence projects, FTOs, validity & infringement opinions, IP landscape analyses, patent application drafting and filing, global patent prosecution, life-cycle management and strategic advice. Stoyan advises companies on the value of their existing IP portfolio and how to maximize its full potential.
One of Stoyan’s particular strengths is his ability to rapidly grasp technically & scientifically demanding concepts. Stoyan is also able to explain complex technical and scientific concepts clearly and succinctly to others – especially to members of the EPO.
His success at the EPO has been recognized in the Legal 500: “New partner Stoyan Radkov specializes in high-value oppositions and appeals at the EPO, representing clients from the biotech and life sciences industries.” Stoyan’s education and training include the following:
- First Class – BSc Honours Degree – Microbiology, University of Reading
- PhD – Viral Oncology – Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College London
- Post-doctoral fellow – Imperial College London
- Senior CRC funded post-doctoral fellow – University College London
- Private practice IP attorney – D. Young & Co (UK), UDL (Partner – UK) and HGF (Director, UK and Basel, CH)
- In-house IP attorney – Pfizer (Sandwich, UK), Novartis (Basel, CH) and Syngenta (Basel, CH)